The conference is held at the main Campus (Campus Valla) of Linköping University, Sweden. The Department of Computer and Information Science (IDA) is one of the largest departments for computer and information science in northern Europe, with 190 employees of which 68 are faculty members (PhDs), including 26 full professors.
All the conference sessions will be held in room Ada Lovelace, in the B-building.
- Map of university campus (note that east is upwards)
- Map of the south part of the B-building showing Ada Lovelace
Social eventsIn addition to the technical program, CRITIS will offer several possibilities for networking and experiencing interesting aspects of Swedish life and culture.
- Mjellerumsgården: The lunch on Monday will be held in Mjellerumsgården which is an old farmhouse from 1772 now rebuilt to host a nice restaurant. The restaurant is part of the Gamla Linköping Open Air Museum.
- Reception: On Monday evening there will be a reception at Vricon, which is a truly amazing high-tech company in Linköping that provides satellite based 3D geodata (clearly relevant for critical infrastructure protection). Vricon is located near downtown Linköping, so we will go there by pre-arranged bus and then jointly walk back to the hotels along the Stångå river.
- Conference banquet: The conference dinner on Tuesday evening will be held at The Swedish Air Force Museum. We will be given a tour of the museum which has many interesting exhibitions including the intriguing DC-3 wreck from the cold war. This museum hosts a few exhibits that are unique remaining exemplars from the aircraft series produced.
We have prebooked rooms in three hotels downtown. To be guaranteed a room at the discounted rate, you must book no later than 2019-08-11, and provide "CRITIS 2019" as the discount code. Moreover, the booking must be done by mail or telephone, online booking will not provide the discount rate.
We have chosen three hotels downtown that are all quite close. A bus transport will help you get and from the conference venue from downtown (within a few hundred meters from each hotel).
- Scandic City (by the river), 1137 SEK/night (incl. breakfast), book by phone: +46-13-495 54 10 or email: email@example.com, discount code: CRITIS 2019
- Elite Stora Hotellet (by the main square), 1190 SEK/night (incl. breakfast), book by phone: +46-13-129630 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, discount code: CRITIS 2019
- Scandic Frimurarhotellet (by the train station), 1140 SEK/night (incl. breakfast), book by phone: +46-13-4953010 or email: email@example.com, discount code: CRITIS 2019
Payment should be done on arrival. Payment through invoice is possible, but must be arranged before arrival.
Getting to Linköping
For most participants, the best option will probably be to fly directly to Linköping City Airport with a KLM flight from Amsterdam. For those who want to combine the visit to Linköping with other travel arrangements, we list a fairly complete set of options below.
Linköping is well-connected by train, booking is done through the main train operator SJ
- From Stockholm Arlanda Airport: Takes from 2h15min to 2h45min with either direct train or Arlanda Express + high speed train
- From Stockholm city: 1.5h with high speed train
- From Copenhagen: 3.5h with high speed train
- To Linköping City Airport: Served by KLM, 10-15min taxi to downtown Linköping, 15-20min to the conference venue.
- To Stockholm Arlanda Airport: Served by most European airlines, 2.5h by train to Linköping.
- To Stockholm Skavsta Airport: Served by Ryan Air and Wizz Air, 1.5h by Shuttle bus to Linköping, 1h by car.
- To Copenhagen Airport: Served by most European airlines, 3.5h by train to Linköping.
- To Göteborg (Gothenburg) Landvetter Airport: Served by several airlines, 3.5h by bus to Linköping
Linköping is located along the E4 highway. Estimated travel times from:
- Norrköping: 40min
- Stockholm: 2h
- Gothenburg: 3h
- Copenhagen: 5h
Getting around in Linköping
For transport to and from the conference venue, you can make use of the organised bus transport. To travel to and from the airport we recommend taking a taxi. The local buses are not so convinient for this purpose. Check the taxameter price beforehand, there is not fixed rate, a reasonable price is around 350SEK for 10km (prices vary depending on time of day). List of taxi companies:
- Taxibil i Östergötland, +46 13 146000, web
- Taxikurir Linköping, +46 13 150000, web
- Linköping Taxi, +46 13 101010, web
Linköping and the surrounding area offer many possibilities for tourism. For more information on things to see and do, the tourist information for Linköping is a good start.
For those who want to explore further away, Stockolm is always a good option, perhaps on the way to/from Linköping.